Kiwi is a rare fruit that has countless health benefits. Kiwi or Chinese gooseberry is a native fruit of China. In China, people use Kiwi for several nutritional and medicinal uses. However, the fruit became popular in New Zealand and the people of this country started cultivating the fruit in large quantities. It is also said that the fruit got its name Kiwi from the land of New Zealand.
Benefits Of Kiwi For Skin
- Kiwi is a delicious fruit that contains several rare nutrients. It is a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin C, and E. These nutrients are essential for a healthy and glowing skin.
- Kiwi contains antioxidants and dietary fibers. The fruit act as a natural laxative that helps the body in removing all the wastes and toxins. This in turn makes the skin clearer and more beautiful.
- Kiwifruit contains lots of Vitamin E which helps in keeping the skin soft and moist. Vitamin also aids in regeneration of cells which in turn makes the skin youthful and flexible.
- The fruit is a rich source of Vitamin C which helps in the formation of collagen. Collagen repairs the skin and helps it to recover from cuts and wounds. It also makes the skin soft, supple and moist.
- Kiwi contains omega-3 fatty acids which protect the skin from a wide range of disorders. It also protects the cell membranes of the skin.
- A mixture of kiwi pulp and lemon juice can act as a nutritious face pack. Apply this mixture and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes. This treatment is excellent for reducing sebum production.
- For a glowing skin prepare a blend of avocado (1/2), kiwi and honey (1 teaspoon). Mix these ingredients and apply the mixture on your skin. After 10 to 15 minutes rinse off with cool water.
- The antioxidants in kiwi kill the free radicals and reduce the intensity of aging signs like dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Kiwi is a rich source of anti-inflammatory agents and AHAs. This prevents the skin from acne, boils, pimples, zits and abscess.
- Kiwifruit contains amino acids that protect the skin from sun damage.
- The vitamins and nutrients in kiwi help the skin in renewing its cells. Hence, eating kiwi can make your skin moist and youthful.
- Make a pulp of a ripe kiwi fruit and add some yoghurt to it. Mix it well and gently rub it on your face. Wash your face after 15 minutes. This will allow the nutrients to penetrate into your skin and nourish it from within.
- Kiwi fruit contains Vitamin C that helps in lightening your skin tone. You can make a natural scrub by mixing kiwifruit pulp, lemon juice, oatmeal and kiwi seed oil. This scrub can help your skin in getting an even tone.
- Kiwifruit peels can be used as a natural exfoliating agent. You can scrub your face with kiwi peels to get a flawless skin.
Benefits Of Kiwi For Hair:
- Kiwifruit is rich in minerals like zinc, magnesium and phosphorus that improves hair growth and enhances blood circulation. It also contains Vitamin C and E which helps in reducing hair fall.
- The vitamin C in the fruit helps in the formation of collagen. This enables the scalp to absorb more nutrients.
- Kiwi seed oil contains omega-3fatty acids that prevent the hair from losing its moisture.
- Kiwifruit is rich in copper. This helps the hair in preserving its natural color. It also protects the hair from premature greying.
- Kiwifruit is rich in iron which helps in nourishing the hair. It promotes proper blood circulation in the scalp and thus it strengthens the hair from their roots.
- Eating kiwi can help you in strengthening the hair and also the skin on your scalp. This in turn prevents the occurrence of dandruff and eczema. It also protects the scalp from inflammation.