If you don’t already know, castor oil is one of the best oils in the world to not only repair dry, damaged hair, but also to encourage hair growth. Castor oil nourishes dry scalp, reduces hair loss, promotes healthy and fast hair growth, and moisturizes dry, damaged hair. This castor oil hair mask is the perfect hair mask for those who want healthier, longer hair without breaking the bank or even visiting the salon. Castor oil contains omega-9 fatty acids which penetrate hair follicles, encouraging growth and repairing damage.
Castor Oil Hair Mask Recipe
- castor oil (organic, cold pressed is preferred)
- few drops of essential oil (optional)
- hot water
- In a clean jar, pour some castor oil. The amount completely depends on the length and thickness of your hair. Just use enough to cover entire head!
- In the same jar, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Some good choices are tea tree oil, rosemary oil, or lavender oil.
- Boil some water in a pot, and let it cool for a minute or two.
- Then, place your jar of oil into the pot with the hot water, careful not to submerge it too much where water may get in.
- Let the oil inside the jar warm up for a few minutes.
- Section off your hair, and use a cotton ball to apply the hot oil starting from roots to ends.
- Massage the oil gently into the scalp in slow, circular motions.
- Wrap your hair in a hot, wet towel, or a shower cap and leave on for one hour.
- Rinse out and follow up with your regular shampoo and conditioning routine.
- Use once a week to repair dry, damaged hair and encourage hair growth.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share ?