Why Argan oil for hair?
What properties of argan makes it good for hair? Back up this section with some studies
It has vitamin E
It is found in large quantities and it is beneficial in facilitating the growth of hair. This vitamin is also has some natural characteristics that help to prevent against irritating skin and dandruffs full scalp. Apart from that, vitamin also has a compounds known as phenols that provide nourishment to the hair follicles.
According to the Volume 16, number 3 of the Alternative Medicine Review Monograph, argan oil has the following therapeutic/ treatment properties:
From research, it was shown that application of the oil twice a day for four weeks led to reduced greasiness and improved appearance.
According to Dr. Philip Steig, from the department of Neurological surgery at the Weill Cornell Medical College, the oil contains more omega 3s than what is contained in olive oil, more than what vitamin E and almond oil contain. Due to this, it has very strong antioxidant properties.
It can soothe the skin when applied on the scalp. As a result, this ends up improving the circulation of blood below the scalp. As a result, this brings about the increased growth of hair.
Because of this property, the oil can be used to treat damaged skin and inflammation on the scalp. This is according to Madja Alaoui Sosso, who is the Director at one of the oil cooperatives in Morocco. The reason is because of the rich content of essential fatty acids that promote the health and beauty of the skin and hair.
Besides, the oil regulates the pH of the skin. This in the long run protects against sun exposure and other damage. More, it reduces inflammation and thus helps to control and overcome the conditions like eczema and psoriasis as it diminishes the scars.
It provides instant miniaturization of the hair and in the end prevents split ends as it brings shine back to the hair. More, it prevents the scalp from drying and itching.
It has other essential nutrients like vitamin C. The component is essential for the continuous nourishment of the hair. They also prevent the fall of hair from the scalp.
Benefits- How is argan oil good for hair?
The following are some of the benefits of argan oil on the hair:
It has the ability to make hair look silkier, shinier and softer. It can also help to reduce the frizzy hair and treat the split ends. To do this, follow the following procedure:
- Put a drop of the oil to your palms and then warm in your hands
- Spread the hair throughout your hair using your fingers
- Concentrate more on the ends of the hair
- Having done that, put ½ a drop of the oil to your finger then directly massage into your scalp
It protects your hair from the effects of flat irons and blow dryers
Other agents used in the hair contain many chemicals whose effects may end up being detrimental to the hair. Argan oil on the other hand enriches your hair as it nourishes it with nutrients and thus repairing damage. Follow the following procedure:
- Put some two drops of the oil into your hands
- Spread the oil into your arms and then your hair
- Using a brush or a comb, spread the oil in your hair starting with the roots to the tips
The oil helps to deal with dandruffs and other scalp conditions
The scalp has a compound that is called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This compound has the tendency to destroy hair follicles and hence bring about hair loss and reduced hair growth. This eventually brings about build-up of dead cells which are called dandruffs. The oil moisturizes the scalp and hence eliminates dandruffs.
It can be used in styling the hair
Since the oil can be used to curb frizz and give shine to your hair, it can also be used to style your hair. How this happens is that it makes your hair more manageable and makes it attractive. All you have to do is rub a few drops of the oil in your palms and then pass your fingers through your hair in order to spread it.
How to use Argan Oil for Hair Growth/Loss & Natural Hair
Recipes for hair growth/loss
This oil promotes the production of a component of the hair called keratin that is very necessary hair growth. In the long run, it also improves circulation of blood in the vessels beneath the scalp. As a consequence, the hair follicles obtain the important nutrients that are essential for hair growth. To facilitate the growth of hair:
- Before you start using the oil, exfoliate the scalp to unblock the hair follicles and also to give the oil a clear path to enter the scalp skin.
- put some drops of the oil on your fingertips
- Massage the oil into your scalp using a circular motion for around 10 minutes about 2 to 3 times per week.
- always start at the front hairline and move across the whole head to each side and then back
- Use some extra few drops of the oil to massage into the scalp so as to maintain the health of the hair
- Ensure you give the oil adequate time to interact with the scalp so as to penetrate the skin to the blood.
Recipes for natural hair
The oil can define the curls in your hair
The oil helps to define the curls in your hair and make them look more beautiful. All you have to do is as follows:
- Put a few drops of the oil into your hands
- Apply the oil into your hair and focus mainly the ends the layers of the hair
- After that, get your hair to a microfiber towel as you squeeze it without rubbing
- Repeat the procedure and every time work from the tips to the roots.
It helps to treat dry and brittle hair
In this case, you can use the oil overnight. You should do this once a week. To effectively do this, the following procedure would be good:
- You should put into your hand about 6 to 8 drops of the oil
- Spread the oil into your hair as you gently massage your scalp
- Spread it through your hair and apply to the ends and then cover your hair with a shower cap. The role of the shower cap is to retain the body’s heat and thus the oil penetrates to the roots of the hair.
- In the morning, ensure that you rinse your hair well with a lot of water until the residual oil is gone
- Use this treatment remedy for about a week.
Any other recipes for general hair care
The oil protects your hair before and after getting in the swimming pool
Swimming pools are treated with a lot of chemicals which could have very dangerous effects to your hair. The chlorine and salt in swimming pools could make the roots of your hair very weak. Before you get into the swimming pool:
- Apply some drops of the oil from the roots to the tips of your hair
- Apply a few drops of the oil and work through from the roots until the tips so as to lock moisture as serve as a barrier
- Carry on the procedure every other time before you get to the swimming pool
After getting out of the pool, your hair should be kept well in a maintained and conditioned well. The procedure is as follows:
- After getting out of the pool, wash and condition your hair
- Ensure you squeeze the ends of the hair gently so as to dry using a microfiber towel
- Warm some argan oil in your arms spread it through your hair beginning from the roots to the tips
- When you are done doing that, comb your hair from the roots to the tips if possible using a wide tooth comb so as to distribute the hair evenly.