We generally know aspirin as a medicine, used to treat your headache, fever or body ache. But do you know that aspirin is also used as a good remedy for treating many skin problems? Surprising, isn’t it? Yes, this common over the counter pain reliever will do wonder which you probably don’t know about it.
Before going to the topic let’s know the amazing properties of aspirin for treating your beauty problems.
- Aspirin contains acetylsalicylic acid, a crystalline compound derived from salicylic acid. This will cleanse your clogged pores and thus reduces the risk of forming acne on the skin. It unclogs the skin pores and thus stimulates the renewal of cells.
- It exfoliates the skin to remove dead cells, dirt and other impurities to prevent many skin problems.
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that reduces the pain or swelling or puffiness on the affected skin area.
- It has beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps to soothe the skin to reduce itching, irritation, and redness on the affected skin.
- It slows down the aging by reducing wrinkles and sagging skin. Collagen helps to make your skin smooth and elastic by boosting the skin structure with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Now let’s have a look on how to use aspirin for treating some beauty problems.
Method – 1: (Acne)
Aspirin unclogs your skin and exfoliates to remove dead cells, bacteria and other impurities causing acne. It effectively reduces the swelling, redness, pain and irritation with its salicylic acid content. It also reduces the acne scars and other skin discoloration.
- Crush 4 – 5 aspirin tablets finely and put the powder in a bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (or honey or water or aloe vera gel) to it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on the acne affected skin areas.
- Let it sit for few minutes to get dry and rinse off with water.
- Dry the area gently and repeat it twice daily till you get relief from acne.
- Note: Also, this process is used to clear acne scars or blemishes from your skin. Or mix a little water in 1 crushed aspirin tablet till it forms a thick paste. Apply this paste as a spot treatment for pimples or zits.
Method – 2: (Callus Remover)
A callus is a toughened or hardened part of the skin or soft tissue that has been subjected to repeated friction or pressure. It is an unpleasant spot that appears near the heels of the feet. The salicylic acid in aspirin exfoliates the skin and softens the callus to remove it easily.
- Finely crush 4 – 6 aspirin tablets and mix 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in it.
- Stir well to make a fine paste and apply it on the callus.
- For faster results, wrap your foot in a plastic bag and leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then remove the foot wrap and rub the callus affected feet with a pumice stone.
- Repeat it regularly till you get rid of callus on your body.
Method – 3: (Dandruff)
Dandruff is a shed off dead skin cells in the form of white flakes from the scalp. Aspirin has salicylates which act as an active ingredient in most of the medicated shampoos used to clear dandruff.
- Crush 2 uncoated aspirin tablets into a fine powder.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of shampoo (fragrance-free or dye – free shampoo) to it.
- Mix well and use it shampoo your hair by exfoliating the scalp.
- This will remove the layer of dead skin causing dandruff.
- Finally, rinse your hair with water and continue shampooing your hair regularly with these aspiring based tablets.
Note: For treating your itchy scalp, do a final rinse by mixing equal quantities of apple cider vinegar and water, which helps to balance your pH levels of the scalp and relieves you from itching.
Method – 4: (Hair Color Booster)
Swimming too often will make your hair dull and blonde with its chlorinated water. So, to prevent your hair from these damages, you have to use aspirin. It helps to remove chlorine discoloration from your hair locks.
- Finely crush 10 aspirin tablets and dissolve in a bowl of warm water.
- Then soak your hair strands in this mix for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse your hair using shampoo and conditioner to get rid of discolored hair.
- Repeat it regularly till you get complete relief from the problem.
Method – 5: (Facial Toner)
Aspirin acts as a facial toner that tones your face to reduce puffiness and discoloration. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and protect it from infections.
- Dissolve 8 – 10 crushed aspirin tablets in 1/2 cup each of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Stir well and pour this mix into a mist bottle.
- Clean and dry your face and spray it on all over your face.
- Wait for 10 – 12 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Dry your face and refrigerate the remaining toner for future usage.
- Do the same process regularly to get relief from many skin problems like clogged skin, puffiness, discoloration of the skin, etc.
Method – 6: (Deep Clean Pores)
Aspirin acts as an exfoliant that scrubs away all the dust, excess oil and dead cells from your skin. It cleanses your pores deeply to get relief from acne and scars and also to rejuvenate your skin.
- Crush 3 – 4 aspirin tablets in a bowl and mix it with a little water to make a thick paste.
- Then add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and stir well.
- Use this mix to scrub your face for few minutes and rinse off with water.
- Pat dry your skin and repeat it regularly to cleanse your pores deeply.
Note: Or mix 4 – 5 crushed aspirin tablets, a little plain yogurt, few drops of honey and lemon juice. Stir well and use this mix to scrub your face for more exfoliating results.
Method – 7: (Radiant and Flawless Skin)
Flawless skin with a radiant look is a dream to everyone but do you know that aspirin will help you to achieve that dream. Follow this mask regularly to get flawless skin.
- Mix 5 crushed aspirin with enough lukewarm water till it forms a smooth paste.
- Then add some plain yogurt in this paste and stir well.
- Apply it as a thin layer of mask on all over your face.
- Wait for few minutes to get dry and rinse off with water by massaging gently with your fingers.
- Do the same process regularly till you achieved the radiant skin.
Note: Or dissolve 7 – 8 aspirin tablets in enough green tea and then add few drops each of sweet almond oil and honey. Stir well and apply it on your face and neck. Rinse off with water after 15 minutes to maintain young and flawless skin.
Tips and Precautions:
- Aspirin increases the blood flow to the affected skin’s surface and reduces the appearance of marks caused due to hickeys. So, dissolve 2 uncoated aspirin pills in 1/2 cup of water and apply this paste on the hickeys.
- Aspirin also reduces the risk of getting cancer or heart strokes, if used regularly but be sure to consult your doctor before using to know about your health properly.
- It soothes the stings or bites with its anti-inflammatory property. Just dampen an uncoated aspirin and apply this paste on the affected area to get rid of the problem.
- Avoid over usage of these aspirin tablets, as it may burn your skin and causes irritation. Also, check whether you’re allergic to aspirin or not before using it regularly by doing a skin patch test.
- Consult your doctor if you didn’t find any relief from the problem or if it worsen due to the over usage of as aspirin.
Use aspirin in these amazing ways to grab the beauty benefits from it. Do you know any other ways of using aspirin for treating beauty problems? Then share it with us in the below comments box.