Who doesn’t want to have lustrous and healthy hair? Strong, voluminous and shiny hair will definitely enhance your natural beauty and gives you a distinctive personality.
There are many factors like poor nutrition, hormonal imbalance, hair styling tools, pollution, unhealthy lifestyle, prolonged illness, stress, genetics, usage of chemical based hair products, certain hair and scalp problems, excessive usage of hot water or blow dryers, etc. will pause the natural growth of your hair and causes hair loss along with other hair problems like dry, breakage, split ends, dandruff and frizzy hair.
The usage of commercial chemical based hair care products will cause more harm rather than solving the problem but if you choose natural remedies to promote your hair then it definitely gives you positive results with long lasting results.
Rosemary oil is one such natural ingredient that widely used to get rid of hair loss and to make your hair strands strong and shiny.
Does rosemary oil really promote hair growth? Is there any scientific fact behind it? How does it work and how to use it for hair growth? Is there any best combination with rosemary oil for healthy hair growth?
You will get all the answers to your questions of rosemary oil for hair growth in the article. Scroll down to read more about it and try this essential oil to grow your hair healthy.
How Does Rosemary Essential Oil work for Hair Growth?
Wondering how rosemary oil helps hair growth. Well, this essential oil exhibits a number of valuable properties that make it as perfect oil for hair care. Have a look at these properties.
In a research, it is proved that people who are using rosemary essential oil have increased their hair growth similar or more than people who used 2% topical minoxidil (a synthetic drug used for hair growth).
- Rosemary oil has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help to treat and prevent microbes causing infections or dandruff on the scalp and thereby causing hair fall.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the inflammation in the scalp and thus reduce the loss of hair and foster hair growth.
- This oil has a superior antioxidant property that helps to combat the damage of free radicals that caused due to the usage of harsh chemical products and pollution. The rich content of antioxidants helps to treat hair loss and thus contribute to faster hair growth.
- Oily scalp will attract dirt, impurities and dust particles and make it greasy and clog the hair follicles to prevent the hair growth but the usage of rosemary oil will prevent the production of excess sebum, cleanse the scalp to foster the formation of new hair and thereby prevent hair loss.
- It acts as a powerful stimulant that induces blood circulation to your hair follicles properly and also get well nutrient rich blood, faster and healthier hair growth.
- The rosmarinic acid, carnosic acid, ethanolic acid, camphor oil and 1, 8 – cineole are the main bioactive antioxidants in rosemary oil that help for the hair growth and maintenance.
- The DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that directly attacks and weakens the hair follicles and thus results in hair fall. The usage of rosemary oil will help to lower this DHT production and thereby promote healthy hair growth.
How to use Rosemary Essential Oil to Regrow your Hair?
Now we are going to know how to use this oil for healthy hair growth. You should use it on daily basis by starting it in small doses to get rid of hair fall.
Let’s get started…
1. Rosemary Hot Oil Treatment:
Hot oil hair treatment is always the best option to enable the nutrients from the oil and stimulate the hair growth by penetrating deep into the scalp.
Steps to be followed…
- Pour 2 teaspoons each of coconut oil and castor oil in a small pan and heat it on a low flame for 2 minutes.
- Then add 4 – 5 drops of rosemary essential oil after turning off the flame.
- Stir well and apply this oil mix on all over your scalp by massaging gently for few minutes with your fingers.
- Wrap it in a shower cap and leave it on for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- After that, rinse off your hair with mild shampoo and dry it properly.
- Do this hot oil massage for once or twice a week to maintain healthy hair growth.